Gas Furnace Inspection, Efficiency and Replacement:
Protect your investment with a Professional Home Inspection. Have someone on your side when buying your new home. Your home will probably be the best investment you will make in your lifetime. Have good knowledge about the condition of the home that you are buying, so you may make the best offer or negotiate to have repairs made before you buy. Choose Quality over a low cost.
Our Quality High Tech Inspections Pay for Themselves!
Have your furnace inspected yearly, to keep your furnace in good working order and to keep it working Efficiently and reliable for years to come.
Replace filters as required by the manufacture.
Furnaces vary in price and size depending on their suited needs and yours. A small home or larger home will determine what size you will need for proper operation and efficiency. Not only do they vary by size but they also vary by the efficiency as well as if they are a multi-stage furnace or not. Single stage, 80% efficient gas furnaces typically cost $2,000 or higher, a 90% efficiency of the same type can cost about $3,000. For 95% efficiency with a multi-staged or modulating furnace that feature variable speed blowers can cost $5,000 to $7,500 or more.
Many things need to be considered when choosing a furnace.
When you choose ENERGY STAR qualified heating and cooling products, you know you’re making a smart decision
That can significantly reduce your monthly utility costs.
The higher the AFUE rating (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) means the better the efficiency of individual furnaces. A furnace with the higher (AFUE) will perform better with less energy to operate. When buying a new furnace, compare the (AFUE) ratings. A furnace that has an 80% AFUE rating converts 80% of the fuel that you supply to heat and the other 20% is lost out of the chimney. High-efficiency furnaces typically cost more upfront than low-efficiency furnaces. However, they tend to cost less to operate on a month-to-month basis as they use less fuel to generate the same amount of heat. Windows, doors and insulation also play a huge part in energy consumption.
An oversized furnace that the capacity is too large will cost more to operate than a correctly sized furnace. This is because oversized furnaces cycle on and off too often and cycling on and off is more expensive to operate and less energy-efficient, than running consistently for a long period of time.The only way to know if your furnace is correctly sized is for a well qualifiedHVAC Contractorto do a load calculation. A load calculation takes into account the size of your house, the insulation value of your windows, the amount of insulation in your walls and roof, and a host of other mandatory criteria to determine the appropriate furnace capacity for your new home or replacing an old existing wore out one.
This also is not a good time to go cheap.
Good installation makes all the difference in the world, in the efficiency and operation of the furnace.
The industry accepted standard, the Manual J, is best performed by a professional contractor who has the necessary software and experience to easily complete the task of finding out what you need for your home, rather than attempting this yourself. Most installations will only take one day and additional costs can be incurred if ducting changes are necessary and some retrofitting may be needed.